Monday, January 7, 2008

Meet Ripley!


I'm back! I see that it's been almost a month since my last post.....terrible. I am currently recovering from a wretched sickness that kept me from work for a week. Hacking cough, sore throat, swollen sinuses, etc........but that's not the worst part. About mid-way through this ridiculous mess, I awoke from a nap to find my eyeball completely swollen and pink. My first encounter with pink eye! Notice the pink font for a dramatic effect or affect, I can't remember which one is proper. Anyway, it didn't really hurt so I got some cream and went to work the next day. They kicked me out and asked me not to touch the door when I left. Apparently, people turn into evil monsters at the mention of pink eye spewing statistics about the contagious nature of this affliction. So, I came home and sat trying to fashion some sort of eye patch to cover my swollen eye. Not because it hurt, but because I had to remove my contact from the infected eye and watching TV while blind in one eye can cause serious dizziness. And no, I didn't have a current prescription in my glasses........but I do now.

Now, on to more pleasant topics. As many of you know already, Barry and I are expecting a tiny little dude or dudette that I shall nickname Ripley. After the last year, you can imagine our excitement at this news. The excitement for me has been hampered by a slight numbness that miscarriage leaves behind. I view it as a normal God-given coping mechanism to help mom through the first trimester. My fears have been alleviated as we have been to our first real appointment with the midwife and Ripley had a very strong heart beat and is quite active. Probably going to be a devil kid like his/her uncle Jake. We feel relieved and are only about 1 week from officially being out of the first trimester so we're looking forward to a peaceful birth at home in July. Maybe on Dad's birthday!

Ah yes, Christmas was delightful. I sat by Mom and Marc's fireplace the whole time and even saw snow.

1 comment:

Mandi said...

Bummer about the nasty cold and pink eye - but other than all that you're looking great! LOL! Congrats on the great progress report, that's so good to hear!