Thursday, July 29, 2010

Avery Turns 2! - Part Two: "The Loot"

I've never been a fan of extravagant birthday parties for children. You know the ones I'm talking about....Barbie bounce house, $200 cake from a specialty bakery, 100 invitees from school, caterers, ponies, and countless gifts usually adorned with Hannah Montana's face. I said our children would have modest parties to celebrate their birth with a family dinner and cake.

But this last weekend, I began to wonder if I had in fact become one of "those" parents. The thought crossed my mind when I saw Barry unloading 20 balloons from the car to decorate our tiny house. The thought crossed my mind again when I looked around the same tiny house to see 20+ people eating at least 50 pounds of macaroni salad. And when we started in on the presents I was sure I had become one of "those" parents. She has a new tricycle, coloring books, crayons, a Willow Tree figurine, clothes, flip-flops, cooking accessories, jewelry, a water table for the backyard, the sweetest Josef Original Birthday Angel figurine and a dozen other things like sunglasses and gum.

But here's the deal: I LOVE it! Her party is so much fun for me (and everyone else I hope) and that's the truth of the matter.

I figure that if I continue to invite only family, make our own food, and forbid Hannah Montana.....maybe I'm not one of "those" parents. What do you think?



She's saying the bike is "too tight" to ride.
I have no idea what she's talking about.



Sweet Willow Tree "Birthday Girl" figurine from Kiki.

"Piece A GUM!"


My girl loves Curious George!


Fancy new bracelet from Cousins Caroline & Logan.

Countless hours of fun with this thing.


Happy Birthday Sweet Avery!


Stay Tuned for Part 3!
"The Cake"



Photobucket

1 comment:

Mandi said...

Looks like so much fun!! Give A a big hug for me.