She told me two Sundays ago that she really wanted a “big girl Bible” to carry in her church bag and she wondered if they have a princess Bible. So we put her Baby’s First Bible from Kiki into the memory box for safekeeping and bought her a princess Bible with her name engraved on the front for everyday use. It was her first day of school gift and she loved it! Carried it everywhere and is sleeping with it as I type.
*Side note: I’m not usually one for themed Bibles with all sorts of added fluff and ridiculousness, but this has 6-8 added pages with a drawing of a princess and a character quality of a true princess with a corresponding verse. Very tasteful and cute if you can ignore the sparkly diamonds on the cover.
Hard at work reviewing her letters!
Henry hard at work banging on the changing table bars while ignoring his crayons!
- Mommy asks her child to recite her name: Avery
- How old are you? 4
- What is your favorite color? Red
- Who is your best friend? Samuel
- Favorite animal? Lion & Bear
- What do you want to be when you grow up? Princess
- What is your favorite book? The Girl Who Loved Wild Horses and Dewey Readmore Books
- Who makes you happy? Playing at the park
- Who makes you sad? When people are mean to me; pushing or fighting
- What is your favorite food to eat? Spaghetti
- What is you favorite song? “Holy,Holy, Holy” hymn from her Kid’s Worship CD
- What game do you like to play? Puzzles
See her interview from last year here.
I just realized I haven’t shared our curriculum or school nook with you yet! Stay tuned.