Wednesday, July 30, 2008

First Bath




It seems that our daughter is an odd child.....she loves diaper changes and bath time. I thought both would be a challenge, but she is immediately calm when we strip her down for either. We are also praying that she will continue with her current routine. She eats about 7:30, we bathe her, she is quiet and alert for about an hour, she eats again and then sleeps from 9:30 to 12:30. Praise the Lord for 2-3 hours of uninterrupted sleep!

We had a visit with our family doctor today and all is well (except for when she spit up a little bit and Barry was convinced she had caught rabies at the Dr's office). She now weighs 7 pounds 4 ounces, so it seems that my breastfeeding efforts are paying off. We can see new fat pockets forming every day. She is also starting to look more and more like her dad and her pretty dark hair is already turning blonde. Whatever! At least she has my long fingers.....

I feel great aside from the lack of sleep, but so far, postpartum has been so much better than I expected. My next big obstacle will be managing without Barry when he returns to work. I have begun to pump every once in a while so that Barry will be able to feed her from a bottle in the next month or so. Barry is also doing really well and has been a wonderful "house husband."

1 comment:

Marc and Laura Rose said...

Our children have something in common - Caleb loves to be naked too. He gets all excited about diaper changes and bath time! I'm so glad to hear you're doing so well. I'll call soon to check on you. She's just beautiful!