Thursday, January 22, 2009

Avery at the YMCA


We live in a town far, far away from family. 300 miles far. I grew up with both sets of grandparents in the same town...Kiki & Pop lived across the street! So when I got pregnant, I knew living so far from family with a baby would be a challenge. What I didn't imagine is that we would both be so protective that we wouldn't want to leave her with anyone. That's right. Barry and I haven't been on a date since July 19th. We have, however, decided to start slowly.....at the gym and church.

Monday, January 19th, 2009 - 11:45AM

Avery and I arrive at the Kid Zone and we explore. I get a pager (so if she goes postal, I can be reached) and hand her off to a nice lady named Tammy. I say bye and leave. She doesn't really care too much. I go upstairs where I check the clock obsessively for two reasons. #1 I'm about to die and I can't wait for 10 minutes to pass so I can get off the stupid elliptical machine. #2 I want to go spy on Avery to see if she's dying without me. I continued this for 30 minutes and called Barry to give him the scoop.

W: "Yo, we're at the gym and the beebs is in the day care."
B: "What! You're doing that today?"
W: "Yeah."
B: "Are you checking on her?!?!"
W: "Yeah, every 10 minutes..she's real serious, but not crying."
B: "You need to go every 5 minutes!"
W: "I'm about to get her...30 minutes is long enough for her first time."
B: "Yeah, go get her."
W: "Peace. I'll see you tonight."
B: "OK, I gotta do work and change lives."

When I picked her up, she was happy and smiling at me. They said she didn't make a peep and stayed focused on the little kids. Awesome! I'm going to get so skinny.....

Wednesday, January 21th, 2009 - 10:30AM

Avery and I arrive at the Kid Zone. I pass her to a different woman and say bye. Take my pager that I'm not going to need because my child is perfect. Go upstairs. I'm focused. Actually working up a sweat on that stupid elliptical machine. Fifteen minutes and my pager vibrates. I have requested that they not change her diaper and call me if she has a major blowout. I'm sure that's the issue. I arrive to see the beebs with a red face and tears. She was watching the door and practically leaped into my arms when I arrived.

We'll try again on Friday.....


Photobucket

No comments: