Friday, October 26, 2007

Random Friday AfternoonThoughts

1. Nothing is ever what it seems.
Have you seen Dove commercials these days? The "Campaign for Real Beauty" celebrates women of all shapes and sizes. You know, the group of women in their underwear with cellulite, Cesarean scars and very real DD boobs. They were on Oprah. Dove has even created a Self-Esteem Fund and they distribute resources to organizations who "help free the next generation from self-limiting beauty stereo-types." Their video, Onslaught, really shows how serious they are about protecting our young girls.

Now, you know the Axe "Bom Chicka Wah Wah" commercials.......can you guess who sells Axe body spray and makes their advertisements? The same people who sell Dove. Unilever. Please enjoy this video of the BomChickaWahWah girls.
While I was searching YouTube for one of their advertisements, I found this video of two young girls dancing to the song..........in bikini tops.

Unilever sure is doing a good job making sure young girls have a healthy body image!

2. Soda is evil.
If you know me well, you know that I really like Coke. I have made great strides to conquer this addiction in the last 6 months, but the movies aren't the same without a Coke! With that being said, I wish Coke had never been invented.(Oh yeah, cigarettes and fast food too!) Coke leads to sugar addiction, caffeine addiction & fat thighs. And for those of you who drink diet-soda........it's worse. Artificial sweeteners are toxic. I saw a little one at the fair with soda in a bottle.....and I know you're thinking "Well, that's ridiculous." But how many 2 year olds do you know who have never had a soda? You can read more stats here:

-Soda Causing Nutritional Deficiencies in Children

-The Amazing Statistics and Dangers of Soda Pop


3. My name is Whittney and I'm addicted to clip art.

This one is simple........when I send an e-mail in Outlook (usually to Jules or Robb) I search the clip art file and attach a ridiculous picture to describe my feelings or the topic. For instance, if I was sending Robb an e-mail about selling her house, I might put a picture of a realtor. You catch my drift............Jules is addicted now too. We're so lame.

No comments: